Saturday, November 21, 2009

Weekend Update

A view of Salzburg from Kapuzinerburg

A view of the old city from my walk home

Jordan and I getting ready for the Salt Mines


The Salt Mines

So this has been an interesting half-week. We got back from Vienna late Tuesday night and had only a 3 day week. But boy the work is piling up. This weekend has become a complete homework fest, trying to work on(or finish) 3 papers, German, memorizing music... its all a little overwhelming. Two weekends ago we traveled to the town of Hallein to go into the Salt Mines, it was a lot of fun. You had to dress up in a white jump suit of sorts and the mine was full of slides, movies, and even a boat ride. On Thursday, a few of us got a unique opportunity to go see the set of "Knight and Day" we watched from 50ft away as Cameron Diaz shot a scene in front of the "Festival house" about 10 times. There were other actors and actresses there too. However, no Tom Cruise, we looked for him, but apparently he was filming somewhere else at the time. Last week, I had the opportunity to audition for the movie as an extra. I was not selected, but one of the girls from our school was, and it will interesting to her her stories, as she shoots today and tomorrow. The film continues to shoot in Salzburg until Monday, and I might see if I can get some more stalker shots of Tom and Cameron... we shall see how the homework goes. On Friday's I have also been playing in a basketball league with some of the guys from the college. The 6 of us together make up the "Dream Team" as we call ourselves. Last night we went to play and had a great time, we even got interviewed and had our pictures taken by the local paper. My conclusion, is that Austrians are not very good as basketball as a whole. Granted, there were a few who were quite good, but overall they are much more interested in kicking a basketball than dribbling it. Anyway, I had a great time, and it was great to play basketball again, and have some good bonding time with the guys. Next weekend looks to be a pretty busy week as far as homework is concerned, but I am trying to get everything done early, because I want to ski next weekend. My host brother knows some really good hills, and we are supposed to get snow in the mountains this week, so hopefully it works out. The weather here has been phenomenal. I have been walking around in short sleeve shirts the past few days, and it has been sunny and beautiful to go along with it. I will post a few random pictures, and if you haven't yet, make sure you catch up on parts 1-6 of my break... Thanks for reading!
-Chris-

No comments:

Post a Comment